If you haven’t gotten the flu yet, DON’T! (If you do get it, here is a healing soup recipe!)
Build your immune system with a nourishing soup! Most of these ingredients are explained in the healing broth soup recipe.
Boosting your immune system is an important part of your weekly routine through the winter months when you are exposed to bacterial and viral infections. Ward off even the most difficult illness with this immune boosting soup!
- 4-6 free-ranged, no growth hormones or antibiotics chicken thighs and/or breasts
- 6-8 cups organic chicken stock (no salt if blood pressure is high)
- 2 brown onions – sliced finely
- 6-8 cloves garlic – sliced finely
- 1 inch fresh ginger – sliced finely
- Spicy peppercorns to taste (ground fine)
- Sliced Shiitake or Portabella mushrooms to taste
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 1/ 4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1-2 TB Coconut Amino Acids to taste (this adds natural salt and replaces soy sauce)
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or as needed
- 3 TB finely chopped scallions or green onions for garnish
- Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil until soft.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Pour in stock, cilantro, lemon juice, spinach and simmer until chicken is cooked; once cooked, remove and shred with fork.
- Add chicken and sliced mushrooms back into soup and simmer another 2-4 minutes.
- To serve, place lemon zest on the bottom of your bowl, add soup and top off with scallions.